Sep 06, 2012
Secret gardens are wonderful additions to your yard.
Create your own private sanctuary by building a secret garden. Use your imagination to design your own special hideaway in your back yard. It can be as large or as small as you want. That’s part of the beauty of designing your own secret place to escape the hustle and bustle of your busy life.
Here are 3 tips to help you build a secret garden.
1. Plan your design: Choose an area of your yard that is out of the way of heavy foot traffic and children’s play areas. Draw your design on paper. A secret garden is enclosed. You can use a variety of large shrubs, build stone walls, or use a combination of both to create this enclosure. The opening to your garden can be as creative as the walls. Use an old door to make a unique entry, or simply leave an opening in the shrubs.
2. Research plants: Research the plants you will use to close off your garden. Make sure to choose fast growing shrubs, plants and hedges that suite your geographical area. Consider the size of the plants when they reach full maturity, you don’t want them to overcrowd your garden.
3. Add special features: A water feature, birdbath, statue, or bench make a lovely focal point for your secret garden. Chimes, bird feeders, a hammock, gazebo, and driftwood all make for wonderful additions to your secret garden.
For more garden ideas, visit the experts at Earth Care.
Use the contact form below to email us.
- Pee Dee Flower Show
- C & D Debris Disposal
- Brick Chips Now Available
- 5 Ways a Raised Garden Bed Delivers a Healthier Crop
- How to Maintain Concrete Pavers
- Stone Gardens - Modern Solutions To Trouble Spots In Your Yard
- Stone Retaining Wall Vs. Concrete Retaining Wall - Which One Is Best For You?
- Landscape Supply - 3 Fabulous Outdoor Living Ideas
- Pavers - Brick vs. Stone
- Garden Ideas - How To Build A Secret Garden