Aug 16, 2012
Garden décor ideas – How to create a Zen garden.
Backyard gardens offer beauty and tranquility to you outdoor living space. No matter how big or small your yard, adding a Zen garden is a wonderful addition to your home.
• Create your plan: Pick the spot in your yard for the garden. You may want to consider a location that is away from children’s play areas. Once the location is picked, decide on the size of your garden, then draw out your plan.
• Build the form: Landscape timbers or old railroad ties are perfect for outlining your Zen garden.
• Clear the debris: Remove any debris from the area, such as large rocks, tree roots, and weeds. Lay down weed screen or plastic down to prevent future weed growth.
• Add sand or gravel: Fill the form with sand or gravel. Recycled crushed stone is ideal for creating an environmentally friendly garden. Rake the stone or sand to create the appearance of ripples in water.
• Add finishing touches: Now that the matrix of your garden is finished, you can add stones, vegetation, pieces of old wood, stepping stones, and other soothing décor.
Now you are set to enjoy the peace and tranquility your Zen garden offers. Visit the experts at Earth Care for more garden décor ideas and for the best variety of recycled landscaping materials.
Use the contact form below to email us.
- C & D Debris Disposal
- Brick Chips Now Available
- 5 Ways a Raised Garden Bed Delivers a Healthier Crop
- How to Maintain Concrete Pavers
- Stone Gardens - Modern Solutions To Trouble Spots In Your Yard
- Stone Retaining Wall Vs. Concrete Retaining Wall - Which One Is Best For You?
- Landscape Supply - 3 Fabulous Outdoor Living Ideas
- Pavers - Brick vs. Stone
- Garden Ideas - How To Build A Secret Garden
- How To Design Landscape Borders